Plasma cutter is a device that often used for the accomplishment of various construction works. This device has a lot of benefits. But as usual, there are some drawbacks. In this article, you will find the consolidated information, gathered to help you decide whether plasma cutter is necessary for you.
The main benefits of the plasma cutter.
- Plasma cutter allows tooling various types’ metals, including steel, a stainless steel, cast iron, aluminium and various alloys.
- It is possible to cut safely a surface with a remaining balance of paint or rust. Procurement is not necessary.
- Plasma cutter cuts equally and very exact. At the same time, there will be no scale or flows.
- Thanks to features of the device thermal deformation will be minimal. It concerns even those cases when the sheet of metal has a small thickness.
- Plasma cutter operation is safe. There is no need to use a high-pressure cylinder.
- Plasma cutter allows executing figured cuts.
Naturally, there is no ideal equipment for cutting of metal. Thus, the plasma cutter has the following drawbacks.
- Restrictions on metal thickness. The most advanced devices are able cutting metal at most 100 mm thick.
- The stock material is necessary to be strictly perpendicularly. The acceptable deviation is 50 degrees. In some models, it constitutes only 10 degrees.
- It is impossible to carry out plasma cutting, having connected two cutting torches at once.
If you decided to buy the plasma cutter, surely consider several important factors.
- Each device has a certain marking. Thus, some devices are intended only for cutting of metals, and others allow carrying out argon or arc welding.
- It is always necessary to consider the current and the most admissible thickness of metal. Respectively, you have to know what needs plasma cutter will be required.
- Inclusion duration – one more important factor which is measured in a percentage ratio. There will be enough indicators to 50% for periodic cutting of metalwork. If regular use of the device is planned, then it is better to choose model lasting inclusion up to 100%.
- The plasma cutter can have the built-in or external compressor. The first version differs in low power. Respectively, the similar device will be suitable for application in house conditions. If a regular operation of a plasma cutter is planned, then it is better to give preference to the external compressor.
- Use of such device has to be convenient therefore upon purchase it is necessary to pay attention to the length of a cable and a hose.